Saturday, August 6, 2011

July nails



There was no shortage of nail art this month! Most of it was marbled, a new thing I was into!  
This was the first marble I'd done, using nail polish I happened to have in the office.  It didn't come out well, just showing the worth of instructions.
 These came out muuch better.  I use Sally Hansens for marbling.  One of the past posts have all the colors I used for these.  There's a close up of one of the nails below:



 This one I made to match my yukata I was going to wear.  The last two fingers came out blurry, I tried to save time and polish by doing two at once, but it doesn't come out as nicely that way. Close up below:
 I bought these awesome Nike Dunks 6.0, and I was so happy, I made my nails match them:
 These were probably my best results at marbling so far.
 And, close up: (these came out pretty well, I think!)
 So, I must have really wanted to marble stuff, because I ran out of nails, so my contacts case:

 This was another yukata-matching color scheme above.
 These are the China Glaze's Crackle in purple, over a Sally Hansen pink and California colors glitter.  I also put a gem on it for fun.  I need to do more experimenting with Shatter/Crackle, some base coats seem to get a nicer pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment